Hi, we’re Brian and Amy Sweet, owners of the Cascades Outdoor Store. Deep down in our hearts, we believe that life should be an adventure. We’ve tried to live our lives this way and we and our staff are here to help inspire that belief in others. Between the two of us, we have spent over two-thousand nights in the backcountry and a full two years of our 12 years of marriage have been spent sleeping in a tent together! Long trips, short trips, canoe trips, ski trips, backpacking trips and bike touring trips… we love expeditions. And we’re here to help you love them too.
Our mission at Cascades Outdoor Store is to get people on the trails, whether it is for an afternoon or a month. If you’re looking for help for your next adventure, we and our staff would be honored to help you.
Here’s a list, in no particular order, of some of our favorite adventures that we’ve been on.
- Thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail, 5 months and 2,100 miles
- Thru-hiked the Arizona Trail, 2 months and 800 miles
- Thru-hiked the John Muir Trail, 3 weeks and 211 miles
- Canoed the length of the Yukon River, 2 months and 2,000 miles (and at mile 1,000 we got married!)
- Canoed the Boundary Trail of Northern Minnesota, 1 month, 500 miles
- Bicycled across the U.S. and then across Europe, 6 months, 7,000 miles
- Bicycled the length of New Zealand, 1 month, 1,200 miles
- Backpacked the Boundary Trail across the Pasayten Wilderness
- Thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (yep, again), 6 months, 2,100 miles
- Thru-hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, 5 months, 2,600 miles
- Thru-hiked Vermont’s Long Trail, 3 weeks, 270 miles
- Outward Bound Instructor, 3 summers
- Ran Cascade Crest 100 mile ultra marathon
- Ran Vermont 100 mile ultra marathon
- Ran White River & HURL 50 mile ultra marathons